Monday, July 28, 2014

Cousins - Christmas - etc. 7/28/14

Hey, I'll post this on our reunion blog so ya'll can give your inpuy there please, so we avoid another e-mail chain  Wanted to share that Mom & I spent the better of the day together and the subj. of Jan 2016 and Christmas came up.  I know that we (Mom & I) are picking names this year - haven't gotten to it and can't really promise anything as cool as what Michael or Clare have done the past couple years but it'll be soon.

Anyway the point(s) I wanted to share was that Mom spoke of
a) "I don't know how much room there is, but I was thinking of my cousins - they have reached out to me since Dad died and that has meant a lot to me."  Shall we reach out to her cousins and extend an invitation?  Can we legally put Carvers on the floor for the sake of them visiting and needing a room?

b) speaking of cousins she spoke of the importance of the Carver cousins getting to know each other and what about asking anyone over 21 or anyone over 18? to participate in the Christmas Kris-Kringle - your thoughts?  My sense was that she feels family is important and we as the aunts & uncles should probably be doing more to help them get to know each other.   

c) so,,, I felt the need to share with you where her heart is "at" - at least right now....

xo bee

5 comments:

  1. Kateri commented in an e-mail that she's fine if cousins join in on Christmas (over 18 or over 21)? Don't know that yet. Also would need all the older cousins' parents to agree; otherwise, wouldn't work too well. It's possible not all would be up for this, so need everyone's buy in. Regarding her? of # of cousins, I don't know that at this time but will try and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Chi:
    Bee,
    Not to rain on the messenger here but ... on item (a) .. and (b), I believe we should plan the first five days as a time for our family to celebrate Mom and first cousins to be together, and with their Grandmother. After Day 5 if Mom would like open the house to others, that should be her the option. By day five some Carver's will likely head for Orlando theme parks etc. This should allow us enough room to accommodate those interested in coming to pay a visit in Florida.

    What do other's think?
    Love, Chi

    My response to Chi: I completely agree - thank you! That was exactly my thought. Now, I'm going to post these two comments on the blog Christopher. Thank you! And of course, your children aren't "of age" for item a. so that's good. Thanks again! xo Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call chi on the Mom's cousins question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks all - Michael replied 7/29 that he was okay w/ whatever we decide.
      Will try and get accurate cousin count today if poss. after work and approach the concept of day 6-8 w/ her cousins in FL. xo Bee

      Delete
  4. I shared w/ Mom the concept of the first part of week w/ family only and then opening up to cousins that she wishes to invite. She said thank you and she would think on it a while. I asked how many and she said I'd like to think about that. so - at least collectively "we" responded. Thank you all! Christmas names should be announced by end of this weekend on Main Family Blog. xo Bee

    ReplyDelete